With annual revenues of more than $15 billion and a presence in 27 states, FPL Group is one of the nation’s largest providers of electricity-related services and is nationally known as a high-quality, efficient and customer-driven organization. FPL Group’s two principal subsidiaries are Florida Power & Light Company and NextEra Energy Resources. FPL is the largest investor-owned electric utility in Florida, serving approximately 4.5 million customer accounts. It is one of the largest electric utilities in the United States and ranks high among electric utilities nationwide in energy-efficiency programs. NextEra Energy Resources is a leader in producing electricity from clean and renewable fuels. NextEra Energy Resources is a major wind energy company in the United States and is the nation’s leading operator of solar power generation.
“Florida Power & Light Company is recognized today as a clean-energy leader, with one of the lowest emissions profiles among U.S. utilities. We’re doing our part to fight climate change by investing in even cleaner energy. We’re also investing to make our infrastructure more efficient and less reliant on any single source of fuel. And, through efforts like this site, we are offering ways all customers can be more efficient with their energy use. So get energy smart and energy active today!” http://www.getenergyactive.org/
- Cisco Systems, General Electric (GE), Silver Spring Network and Florida Light and Power (FLP) will work together to install a smart grid system across the greater Miami area. The joint venture, to be called “Energy Smart Miami,” will cost $200 million (US) over the next two years. During that time, FLP will install smart meters in 1 million homes
- A voluntary clean-up of non-hazardous industrial waste streams initiated in 1986 has removed 239,000 tons of industrial waste from 13 facilities.
- Generating Power: Meeting customers’ growing needs by sound planning and low cost, reliable and environmentally responsible expansion.
- Nuclear Power: Plants provide clean, safe and efficient energy.
- Alternative Energy: FPL is pioneering efforts to develop renewable and alternative energy sources for customers.
- Recycling Energy in New Ways: Success has led other utilities to look to FPL as a leader in the field of recycling and innovative reuse.