- Despite halting production after disappointing sales in January (603 units) and February (1,023), the Chevrolet Volt has averaged nearly 1,800 sales per month through June.
- In the second quarter of this year, sales of the Toyota Prius totaled roughly 22,000 compared to 12,600 during the same period in 2010.
- The Honda Insight, which competes with the Prius, had its best sales year in 2010, at 21,000 units. Toyota sold nearly 141,000 Prius’ over the same timeframe.
- For the Nissan LEAF, this year’s sales figures have been disappointing. Only 3,148 have been sold since the start of the year, compared to 3,875 last year (when it first came out)
- Tesla estimates that sales of its new Model S will reach 5,000 units by the end of this year and 20,000 units in 2013. However, an analyst from Wunderlich Securities predicts the electric car maker will only be able to sell roughly half that estimate.
Image source: Metrpolitan Museum of Art