- Worldwide meat production tripled between 1971 to 2012 to about 600 billion pounds.
- The top three foods that generate the most greenhouse gases before and after they leave the farm: lamb, beef, and cheese .
- Higher ozone levels could trigger 2.8 million additional serious respiratory illnesses in 2020.
- Red LED bulbs have 8 times the amount of lead allowed under California law.
- Life expectancy in major European cities could increase by 22 months if air pollution in those cities were reduced to levels recommended by the World Health Organization.
Source: Guide to Green Living Magazine, Fall/Winter Edition
Image source: Metropolitan Museum of Art