- There were 4.8 million acres of organic farmland in 2008, a 170% increase since 2000.
- We ate less read meat per person in 2008: 108.3lbs., down 5.4lbs. from 2000.
- The proportion of developed land reached a new high: 5.6% of all land in the continental U.S.
- There are more pigs than people in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, North Carolina, and South Dakota
- Great news: there has been an across the board decrease in air pollution from 2001 to 2007: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2011/tables/11s0368.pdf
Tons more interesting stats at http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/